In a previous blog post, we discussed the risk for commercial fires during the summer months due to the many components that contribute to fires. At AEGIS Fire and Integrated Services, we offer fire safety products that help keep your assets and employees safe in the workplace. Whether you are grilling out and lighting sparklers for team bonding, or you are lowering your indoor temperatures causing your HVAC system to overwork, many simple things can contribute to a property fire. Below we offer additional fire safety tips to follow this summer to keep your company fire-free.
- Celebrating is important in a company and what better way to celebrate your success than with beautiful fireworks? Although sparklers may seem low risk at many company events, it is important to have a sand bucket nearby to place all used and lit fireworks to ensure the flame is out. It is also important to not re-light fireworks that do not properly work the first time.
- We recommend testing your fire alarms twice a year to ensure they are safe and working. We recommend testing your alarms in the summer and winter months.
If you are interested in learning more about our fire alarm testing in Gainesville, FL, contact us today at (904) 215-9669.
Now that summer is in full swing, your company may be susceptible to a higher risk for commercial fires due to the countless components that can contribute to fire damage. From excessive HVAC usage to keep up with soaring temperatures to company cookouts for team bonding, AEGIS Fire and Integrated Services is here to help keep your assets and employees safe in the workplace. Below we offer fire safety tips to follow this summer to help keep your business safe and fire free.
Due to the increased temperatures, having your HVAC system overrun or overheat can enhance your risk for a property fire. It is important to keep your capacitors and electrical components free of dust to also decrease your chance of a fire. We recommend regular HVAC maintenance services to keep your systems safe.
Having a company cookout is a great way to bond with your employees but increases your chance of a summer fire. It is vital to keep your grill a safe distance away from your building and far from any trees with low branches. It is also important to regularly remove all grease after you grill.
If you are interested in learning more about our services, such as our fire alarm testing in Gainesville, FL, contact us today at (904) 215-9669.
When property owners complain about fire alarms chirping or beeping, the main problem usually stems from power issues. At AEGIS Fire & Integrated Services, our comprehensive fire protection company is here to help you have peace of mind when you have a defective fire alarm. Below we offer three things you can do to check to see why your fire alarm could be beeping.
- Check the battery in your fire alarm to see if the battery has become loose or if the battery drawer became open. During this stage, we also recommend changing the batteries to eliminate the possibility that your beeping problem isn’t due to a low battery.
- When your fire alarm is clogged with dust, debris, and spider webs, these fragments can impair your alarms ability to detect air from smoke, causing your alarm to beep randomly. It is important to regularly clean your smoke alarm free of dust and debris to help prolong its life.
- Since smoke detectors typically have a lifespan of 10 years or less, if your alarm is constantly beeping, your alarm could be expired and need a new system altogether.
If you are having issues with your fire alarm, it is important to reach out to our professional fire protection company to ensure the safety of your property. Contact us today at (904) 215-9669 to learn more about our fire alarm testing in Gainesville, FL.