In a previous blog post, we discussed the risk for commercial fires during the summer months due to the many components that contribute to fires. At AEGIS Fire and Integrated Services, we offer fire safety products that help keep your assets and employees safe in the workplace. Whether you are grilling out and lighting sparklers for team bonding, or you are lowering your indoor temperatures causing your HVAC system to overwork, many simple things can contribute to a property fire. Below we offer additional fire safety tips to follow this summer to keep your company fire-free.
- Celebrating is important in a company and what better way to celebrate your success than with beautiful fireworks? Although sparklers may seem low risk at many company events, it is important to have a sand bucket nearby to place all used and lit fireworks to ensure the flame is out. It is also important to not re-light fireworks that do not properly work the first time.
- We recommend testing your fire alarms twice a year to ensure they are safe and working. We recommend testing your alarms in the summer and winter months.
If you are interested in learning more about our fire alarm testing in Gainesville, FL, contact us today at (904) 215-9669.
At AEGIS Fire and Integrated Services, LLC, we are a fully licensed fire protection company that is proud to offer a wide variety of products to keep you and your employees safe. Fire extinguishers are differentiated by the type of fuel in them in order to properly put of the different types of fires that range in different “classes.” It is vital to ensure you keep the right type of fire extinguisher needed for your company and the fire risks associated with it. Below we discuss the different type of fire extinguisher classes.
- Class A extinguishers are designed to put out fires on average combustibles such as wood, paper, and fabrics.
- Class B extinguishers are designed to extinguish flammable liquids like grease, gasoline, and oils.
- Class C extinguishers are appropriate for use only on electrical fires.
- Class D extinguishers are designed to douse flammable metals, such as magnesium, aluminum, or potassium.
We offer a wide variety of fire extinguisher and suppression services to ensure your company’s fire preparedness is successful. If you are interested in learning more about our other products or you would like to schedule a fire extinguisher service in Jacksonville, FL, contact us today at (904) 215-9669. We proudly serve clients in North Florida and South Georgia.
Now that summer is in full swing, your company may be susceptible to a higher risk for commercial fires due to the countless components that can contribute to fire damage. From excessive HVAC usage to keep up with soaring temperatures to company cookouts for team bonding, AEGIS Fire and Integrated Services is here to help keep your assets and employees safe in the workplace. Below we offer fire safety tips to follow this summer to help keep your business safe and fire free.
Due to the increased temperatures, having your HVAC system overrun or overheat can enhance your risk for a property fire. It is important to keep your capacitors and electrical components free of dust to also decrease your chance of a fire. We recommend regular HVAC maintenance services to keep your systems safe.
Having a company cookout is a great way to bond with your employees but increases your chance of a summer fire. It is vital to keep your grill a safe distance away from your building and far from any trees with low branches. It is also important to regularly remove all grease after you grill.
If you are interested in learning more about our services, such as our fire alarm testing in Gainesville, FL, contact us today at (904) 215-9669.
Fire sprinklers are an effective fire safety tool used to protect your property and peers from fire damage and possibly death. AEGIS Fire and Integrated Services, LLC is a fully licensed fire equipment dealer that offers a wide array of fire protection services to help protect your commercial property. Many buildings include fire sprinklers, but many people do not fully understand how they operate. Below we help answer your questions about our commercial fire sprinklers.
- Fire sprinklers do not detect smoke but instead, are triggered by heat when it rises to the ceilings during a fire. Many sprinklers contain a glycerin-based liquid bulb that is located in the sprinkler head, and when heat causes the liquid to expand, the bulb breaks and ignites the sprinkler.
- When a fire sprinkler is triggered, the sprinkler is attached to a water pipe that typically is outside the building and opens a valve, letting water flow into the building. The water is pressurized to help saturate the fire effectively and thoroughly.
- Fire sprinklers act independently of each other to help douse the fire while limiting water damage to the affected area only.
If you are interested in learning more about our commercial fire sprinkler system in Jacksonville, FL, contact us today at (904) 215-9669.
When property owners complain about fire alarms chirping or beeping, the main problem usually stems from power issues. At AEGIS Fire & Integrated Services, our comprehensive fire protection company is here to help you have peace of mind when you have a defective fire alarm. Below we offer three things you can do to check to see why your fire alarm could be beeping.
- Check the battery in your fire alarm to see if the battery has become loose or if the battery drawer became open. During this stage, we also recommend changing the batteries to eliminate the possibility that your beeping problem isn’t due to a low battery.
- When your fire alarm is clogged with dust, debris, and spider webs, these fragments can impair your alarms ability to detect air from smoke, causing your alarm to beep randomly. It is important to regularly clean your smoke alarm free of dust and debris to help prolong its life.
- Since smoke detectors typically have a lifespan of 10 years or less, if your alarm is constantly beeping, your alarm could be expired and need a new system altogether.
If you are having issues with your fire alarm, it is important to reach out to our professional fire protection company to ensure the safety of your property. Contact us today at (904) 215-9669 to learn more about our fire alarm testing in Gainesville, FL.
When it comes to fire protection companies in Florida, it is vital to look to AEGIS Fire and Integrated Services, LLC for a wide range of trusted products and services that are superior to others. We help our commercial clients improve their approach to fire safety through our extensive experience in the industry and our comprehensive and innovative services.
We offer our clients fire system backflow preventers to ensure their sprinkler system does not allow contaminated water to flow back into the municipal water line. If there is a loss of pressure in the municipal water line, you may experience polluted water that can be unsafe to consume. We strive to provide affordable fire system backflow valves that meet your needs and exceed your expectations. Below we discuss what we provide for our fire system backflow services.
- We are TREEO certified, fully licensed, and have a qualified staff of inspectors and trained service technicians ready to provide customized solutions.
- Our team offers inspections, testing’s, maintenance, and repairs for all valve sizes, types, and manufacturers.
- We provide sales engineering and support for new facilities.
- We are a contractor 1 system service provider.
- Our company offers 24/7 emergency service, and a GPS dispatched service fleet.
If you are interested in learning more about our fire protection services, contact us today at (904) 215-9669.
At Aegis Fire and Integrated Services, we are proud to offer a dynamic selection of fire protection products and services to best serve our clients. As a fully licensed fire equipment dealer, we understand what your company needs to protect you and anyone visiting in the event of a fire. The National Fire Association (NFPA) requires your fire extinguishers to be inspected, tested, and tagged annually. Below we discuss what you can expect during a fire extinguisher inspection.
- Our team will ensure every extinguisher is visible while not being blocked by any objects.
- We will check your label on your fire extinguisher to ensure it is the best fit for your business. If it is not the correct extinguisher, our technician will help you find a safe alternative.
- Our inspection will include us checking to see if there is a portable extinguisher on every level of your company at points of egress and within a 75 foot range.
- We will ensure an appropriate extinguisher is located within 30 feet of your commercial kitchen or restaurant.
- Our team will assure your extinguisher is at proper weight, the pressure dial readable and at full charge.
- We ensure your fire extinguisher hose is undamaged, the pull pin is secure, and the tamper seal is intact.
- We will check to see if there is any damage that needs immediate repairs or maintenance is required due to age.
And we will record all this on our exclusive on-line records system, ReportNET, powered by Building Reports to give you real-time access to your data.
When looking for fire protection companies in Florida, seek the professionals at Aegis Fire and Integrated Services. Contact us today at (904) 215-9669 to schedule a fire extinguisher inspection.
AEGIS Fire and Integrated Services strive to provide our customers with peace of mind through our wide variety of products and services from our fire alarm and electronics department. From fire alarm testing in Savannah, GA to our fire alarm installations in Jacksonville, we are proud to serve our clients with products that help them protect the things they love. Below we offer a few fire alarm safety tips that we recommend for every property owner.
- Dusting your smoke alarms every month is a great way to keep them working in proper condition.
- We recommend replacing your batteries in your smoke alarms twice a year. It is a good idea to replace your batteries the same day you change your clocks for daylight savings time.
- Never disable your fire alarm even temporarily because you never know when an accident may happen.
- It is essential to replace your old fire alarms every ten years with alarms that feature upgraded technology.
Look to our fire protection services to ensure your property and guests are protected in the event of a fire. If you are interested in learning more about our fire safety services, contact our company today at (904) 215-9669.
At Aegis Fire & Integrated Services, we strive to offer our clients peace of mind with our dedicated fire protection services. We provide industrial and commercial fire safety services. Whether you are seeking fire alarm companies in Jacksonville, FL or a company to install upgraded fire sprinklers or extinguishing/suppression systems, our licensed technicians and inspectors can get the job done.
Below we provide helpful fire prevention tips to follow at home:
- It is vital to have fire alarms installed on every floor and in every room of your home. We suggest changing the batteries at least once a year.
- Keep flammable objects away from your stove and furnace.
- Don’t use cords that have frayed wiring.
- Remember to blow out your candles when leaving home or before you go to sleep.
- Only use space heaters when you are in the room and awake.
- Dryers can be a fire hazard—ensure you always clean out the lint trap after every use.
- Place lighters and matches in safe areas away from your children.
- Grilling and deep frying should always be done outdoors, at least ten feet away from your home-and should you ever have a grease fire, NEVER try to extinguish it with water. Always use a dry chemical A-B-C extinguisher or some other means to snuff out the oxygen source to the fire.
If you are interested in learning more about our services or you need a thorough fire alarm and fire sprinkler inspection, contact us today at (904) 215-9669 or visit our contact page at www.aegisfis.com.
Welcome to Aegis Fire & Integrated Services Blog. We serve our clients by providing peace of mind through our comprehensive fire protection services. We strive to create innovative and effective fire safety approaches to protect your business, property and your loved ones. From system design, fabrication, installation, service, inspections, and more, we help our clients enhance their overall fire safety plan. Check below to learn more in-depth about the services that we offer.
We inspect and maintain fire sprinklers to ensure they are fully functioning at all times. We offer backflow preventer installations and inspections. Whether you have a wet, dry, pre-action or deluge sprinkler system, our skilled and licensed inspectors are capable of working with all types.
Our fire extinguisher service in Jacksonville, FL, and the surrounding areas helps to ensure your extinguishers are working properly and are updated to the safest standards. We offer pre-engineered fire suppression system installations and more.
We offer a wide variety of products and services that are aimed to enhance your overall safety and awareness. We provide fire alarm system installations and testing.
Look to our company to help ensure contaminated water does not backflow into your municipal water or potable water source..
Contact us today at (904) 215-9669 or visit our contact page at www.aegisfis.com to learn more about our fire safety services and products.